This job is no longer available
Job Title: Electrical Project Manager – Grid Applications
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Location: Gloucester/South Wales
Consultant: Dominic Wall
The Green Recruitment Company is representing one of the most reputable onshore wind developers in the UK. Currently in the process of expanding onshore operations, this client is looking for a candidate with a strong background in electrical engineering, with experience of submitting grid connection offers and reviewing and specifying scopes of electrical work.
Overall Description of Duties:
The role is to provide assistance to the Projects team who are involved in the design and construction of the company’s generation assets. These mainly consist of wind farms and wind turbine developments in the UK, but also generation portfolio of projects that include solar and CHP developments. .
Working alongside a team of professionals within the projects team you will be responsible for the project management for all the electrical requirements of wind farm construction from initial development through to project handover and beyond, as well as advising the team where necessary and appropriate possible and actual electrical requirements of the rest of the generation portfolio.
You will assist in the production of tenders and selection of 3rd party contractors for contracts and participate in the design review of wind farms and other generation assets
· Preparation of grid connection applications
· Assist in the assessment of potential sites and identify and check site access requirements and other construction issues.
· Expedite project build programs and manage the electrical connection on sites from initial start on site to commissioning of turbines.
· Ensuring Project Plan is kept on time and proper communication is maintained.
· Planning and co-ordination of the Electrical subcontractors and DNO’s.
· Travel to sites required within the UK.
· Independently lead and coordinate grid connection issues internally and externally.
· Identify and notify projects team of any potential risks and challenges and options available with regard to grid connections.
· Regular reporting and updating to Head of Projects - highlighting risks, issues and impacts incorporating suggested solutions.
· Prepare cost estimates to project requirements.
· Participate in contract negotiations and meetings with suppliers.
· Conformity to all current regulations and standards required both during and following construction.
· Assist the planning team with technical input.
· Assess potential new sites for access and infrastructure requirements.
· Assisting in producing tenders and quote comparisons
· Monitoring and reporting of budgets
Skills and Knowledge:
· Degree in Electrical Engineering qualification or equivalent. Proven project management and delivery skills.
· Grid Connection process and grid Connection Agreements.
· Experienced in Power Generation and Transmission, HV, LV and control systems experience (PLC's, SCADA).
· Ability to work independently with remote management, and take responsibility for project delivery.
· Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines on multiple projects without compromising safety or quality.
· Strong communication skills particularly verbal communication.
· Computing skills including MS office, MS project and AutoCAD
· Construction experience and knowledge of CDM and Health & Safety Practices.
+44 (0) 203 0022877