This job is no longer available
Senior Electrical Package Manager
Reference: EUR/21/187 (Technical)
Location: Europe - UK - Bristol, London or Slough
Travel Requirement: significant level of travel, principally within Europe.
We are the world's largest independent renewable energy consultancy, with over 900 employees operating at the forefront of the offshore and onshore wind, wave, tidal and solar industries.
We are offering several opportunities in an area with great potential for growth and service innovation, including the role of Senior Electrical Package Manager.
You will manage the commercial and technical delivery of electrical contracts, including engineering, procurement, construction, operations and or maintenance. You will work on behalf of clients on a wide range of renewable energy projects (onshore/offshore wind, solar, marine & tidal)
You will manage the delivery of electrical works by contractors, including ancillary civil construction works. You will ensure contractor programmes are delivered to scope, schedule and budget. You will inspect works and manage issues with all relevant parties and manage any variations.
You will provide technical support during the consenting and grid connection offer stages and co-ordinate preliminary investigations and front end engineering works. You will also develop operation and maintenance plans and processes.
The successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
• Strong track record in managing large contracts for electrical engineering works
• Excellent ability to liaise with clients, conduct contract negotiations and lead meetings
• Project planning experience of large projects
• Excellent problems solving skills
• Experience of co-ordinating and clearly communicating with large numbers of contractors
• Understanding of construction contracts including FIDIC, NEC etc
• Familiarity with CDM regulations and Health and Safety on sites
• Experience of performing this type of role for internal/external clients
• Excellent ability to prepare, review and submit technical documents relating to electrical aspects.
• Good general understanding of electrical, SCADA and structural aspects.
• Experience of commercial processes, from drafting technical aspects of Invitation to Tender documentation and contracts, to preparing paperwork for Contract Variations.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Degree or equivalent in relevant engineering subject. Equivalent commercial or management qualifications may be considered where the candidate can demonstrate relevant knowledge of the technical aspects of the role.
• Experience of delivering projects
• Formal Project Management Training, i.e. PRINCE2 or similar
• Experience of working as a Senior Authorised Person or equivalent and managing of a safe system of work for electrical operations on transmission or distribution systems.
If you have the drive to shape the future of renewable energy, we have the global technical expertise to ensure you thrive in this exciting sector.
Please click 'Apply now' to our Careers page for a full job description, person specification and to apply.
Close date: 8 April 2012
Direct applicants only