Wind Park Design (P138)
This job has now expired
Wind Park Design (P138)
Marketing, Processing and Renewable Energy (MPR) aims to maximise value creation in Statoil’s midstream businesses. We will capture the full value potential of all marketed and traded products. In addition, MPR will further develop the company’s renewable energy position through cost competitiveness, technology/business development and efficient project execution.
The Wind Projects is responsible for Statoil’s activities within the development of wind energy projects, currently mainly dedicated to the northwestern European markets. Currently the main assets are the construction of the Sheringham Shoal offshore wind farm in the UK, development of the Dogger Bank field through the Forewind consortium as well as several Hywind projects.
The position as wind resource analyst will have Wind Technology Competence Centre as her/his base organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the layouts and production estimates for the wind farms as basis for economical evaluation of offshore wind energy projects and have a proactive role in business development, project execution phase and in the operational phase of wind energy projects. The position will require close collaboration with the unit Mapping, Met-ocean and Geographic (MMG) and R&D units in Statoil.
The Wind Technology Competence Centre secures wind assessment, technology development and technology qualification to support business development, projects and operation activities. A major focus area is improving commercial competitiveness in offshore wind and work on improvement areas.
• Responsible for wind farm design and production estimates
• Establish basis for economical evaluation offshore wind energy projects
• Contribute to establishment of design basis parameters for wind energy turbines
• Support in collection and analysis of data from wind measurement and/or wind modelling
• Advise on analysis methodology and assumptions
• Ensure quality through utilisation of own professional network and compliance with relevant governing documents
• Follow-up R&D projects
• Master level or similar preferred with technical background in mechanic, fluid dynamic, hydrodynamic or power production technology
• Background in statistical modelling or mathematical modelling with strong statistical skills is preferable
• Experience from or capability in understanding metrology and meteorological models
• Experience with or ability to understand the power production market
• Relevant professional experience, including practice within the wind energy industry, is an advantage
• Project management experience is an advantage
• Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point
• We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture
• Strong analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills - teamwork-oriented across disciplines and organisational boundaries
• Ability to be hands-on and perform high quality work within tight deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in English
• Strong motivation for Renewable Energy
• Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team
• Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process