This job is no longer available
Vattenfall - Engineering Manager - Location:Sweden,UK,Netherlands,or Denmark
Vattenfall is Europe’s fifth largest electricity generator and the largest producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Benelux and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050. Business Division Renewables is responsible for wind power and biomass. Investments in wind power is an important cornerstone to deliver our road map and we plan, build and own wind farms in six countries, onshore and offshore. Investment in biomass fuel is key to further reduce the emissions. We have about 300 employees.
We are now looking for an Engineering manager who will lead and develop our team within the Onshore Engineering and Construction Department. You will report to the Head of Engineering & Construction and have a team of 13 persons reporting to you.
We offer a job in an international and open environment where you get the opportunity to influence the role's future content.
Responsibilities and tasks
Your overall objectives are to develop the engineering department, designing wind farms for maximum cost effectiveness and value creation as well as overall lifetime optimization.
• Lead the team up to 13 people to fulfil the activities in the Engineering area. The team includes civil and electrical engineers, and the GIS & Siting team (in charge of definition of layout and constraint analysis of the portfolio Onshore and Offshore)
• Manage the budget of the department
• Warranty the quality of the results of the department, in the definition of lead designs, and cost control.
Required education is relevant Engineering Degree (BSc) with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a similar position. The successful candidate has a demonstrable experience in managing technical teams in international, multicultural and highly multifunctional environments.
• Sound management skills
• Ability to work in large and complex organizations and to handle internal and external interfaces effectively
• Good interpersonal skills. Team player
• Strong credibility built through both technical insight and leadership
This position is located in any of onshore wind power established offices in Sweden, UK, Netherlands, Denmark. Availability for extensive international travelling is required.
You are welcome to send in your application including CV, cover letter, preffered location and certificates / grades through the link further down the page. Please submit your application as soon as possible as selection is being conducted continuously.
To apply for this role, click 'Apply now'. We look forward to your application!