This job is no longer available
Project Manager, Manchester, UK, £40k - £50k + Bonus
My Client is a leading manufacturer of large wind turbines, headquartered in Hamburg. The company employs around 2500 people and are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work in Manchester.
You will be reporting to the Head of Projects you will be responsible for ensuring that work is completed within budget, on time and with no injuries or accidents in accordance to the company’s requirements. You will also be responsible for assisting projects through the bidding and planning phase and then taking it through to completion.
· Will be responsible for effectively managing the development of large scale projects
· Establish good relationship with clients, deliver customer satisfaction
· Create a successful and enjoyable team
· Prepare installation and operation procedures
· Ensuring site standards are established and observed
· Prepare weekly and monthly progression reports
· Provide strong control of key suppliers, including erection & transportation companies while developing good relationships with our key long-term partners
· Overseeing the control of quality of the works and compliance with the contractual specifications
· Drawing up claims for extension of time and/or costs to our customers
· Must be educated to degree level in Project Management/Engineering or hold a relevant qualification in a related discipline
· 2-3 years experience in project management of large scale wind projects
· Planning and risk management. The ability to define, delegate and communicate project objectives.
· Must have experience of full responsibility for multi-million pound contacts with strong commercial and financial acumen.
· In depth understanding around the whole project lifecycle and work as a team member.
· Ability to work with different business cultures. In particular, a knowledge of German language and culture is a significant advantage.
· Ability to work towards and meet strict deadlines
· Previous experience in bidding for major engineering projects
· A Project Management qualification (APM, PMP, PRINCE or similar) would be highly desirable but not essential if you have sufficient experience
· Proven ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
Key Skills: wind projects, telecommunications experience, project management experience,
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to email@example.com, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above.