This job is no longer available
Onshore Wind Developer.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Flexible day rate
Consultant: Dominic Wall
Ref: OWD -
The Green Recruitment Company is representing one of the largest offshore Wind developers in the UK. Concentrating on a Round 3 UK Offshore site, the successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to be part of some of the largest wind developments offshore in the world and can enjoy extensive career progression.
The role will involve various onshore aspects required to support the development of an offshore wind farm project. Opportunities will exist to contribute to the management of environmental assessment and site surveys, wind farm design, survey and study contract management, stakeholder management and securing consents. This role is likely to be a varied and challenging role encompassing many aspects of the overall project. The role will initially report to the Head of Onshore Development.
· Support the Consent and Onshore EIA functions in conjunction with external survey contractors;
· Coordination and management of expert advisors and consultants producing content for Environmental Statement documents;
· Communication of consenting impacts to engineering design and construction teams;
· Support the stakeholder manager to update the project communications database;
· Work with stakeholders to remove concerns or provide mutually acceptable mitigation;
· Contribute to outline design and optimisation of onshore development process;
· Prepare, as required, scopes of work for various consultancy and contracting services for the completion of studies.
· This role is likely to encompass a variety of the following activities:
o project managing geophysical, oceanographic, ecological, fishery, marine mammal, ornithological and archaeological surveys
o Work with procurement team to ensure that consultancy contracts encompass all the needs of the consent requirements
o Technical review and audit of surveys/studies
o Ensure surveys encompass the necessary H&S and logistic requirements
o Correspondence and report to relevant regulatory bodies regarding survey/study work
· Ideally at least two years of experience in the development or consenting of offshore renewable energy projects and/or onshore wind farms;
· A good understanding of the offshore wind industry, the key environmental stakeholders and all stages of the consenting process (accepting this is an evolving process);
· Experience in successful management of external consultants;
· Excellent English communication and organisational skills;
· Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment would be beneficial;
· Relevant environmental or pertinent sciences degree or equivalent;
· Proven competencies in project development and management;
· Analytical and problem solving skills;
· The confidence to deal directly with external stakeholders and the public.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact:
+44 (0) 203 0022877