This job is no longer available
Offshore Wind Developer.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Flexible day rate
Consultant: Dominic Wall
Ref: OWD -
The Green Recruitment Company is representing one of the largest offshore Wind developers in the UK. Concentrating on a Round 3 UK Offshore site, the successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to be part of some of the largest wind developments offshore in the world and can enjoy extensive career progression.
The role will involve the development of various aspects of the offshore wind farm project. Opportunities will exist to contribute to the management of environmental assessment and site surveys, wind farm design, survey and study contract management, stakeholder management and securing consents. This role is likely to be a varied and challenging role encompassing many aspects of the overall project. The role will initially report to the Head of Offshore Development.
· Support the Consent and EIA functions in gaining agreement of EIA survey methodologies with the key consultees and in conjunction with external survey contractors;
· Drawing up of Scopes of Work and selection of consultancy and contracting services for the completion of EIA studies and any post consents monitoring;
· Co-ordination and support of offshore environmental monitoring;
· Management of expert advisors and consultants producing content for Scoping and Environmental Statement documents;
· Communication of consenting impacts to engineering design and construction teams;
· Work with stakeholders to remove concerns or provide mutually acceptable mitigation;
· Contribute to outline design and optimisation.
· This role may involve working offshore for periods of time
· This role is likely to encompass a variety of the following activities:
o Scoping and project managing coastal, geophysical, oceanographic, ecological, fishery, marine mammal, ornithological and archaeological surveys
o Work with procurement team to ensure that consultancy contracts encompass all the needs of the consent requirements
o Co-ordination with project team members to ensure surveys are appropriately scoped
o Technical review and audit of surveys/studies
o Ensure surveys encompass the necessary H&S and logistic requirements
o Correspondence and report to relevant regulatory bodies regarding survey/study work
o Contribute to the creation of an Environmental Management System
· Ideally at least two years of experience in the development or consenting of offshore renewable energy projects and/or onshore wind farms;
· A good understanding of the offshore wind industry, the key environmental stakeholders and all stages of the consenting process (accepting this is an evolving process);
· Experience in successful management of external consultants;
· Excellent English communication and organisational skills;
· Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment would be beneficial;
· Relevant environmental or marine sciences degree or equivalent;
· Proven competencies in project development and management;
· Analytical and problem solving skills;
· The confidence to deal directly with external stakeholders and the public.
· An aptitude for working on boats for extended periods may be an advantage.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact:
+44 (0) 2030022877