This job is no longer available
Offshore Wind Project Engineer - Construction
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 to £45,000 + Excellent Package
Location: Hertfordshire, South East
Consultant: Patrick Wall Ref: OFW12
One of the world's leading renewable energy companies is looking to recruit an Offshore Wind Project Engineer - Construction. This company has the expertise to develop, construct and operate large scale wind farms, and they are expanding their business in development, engineering, project management, construction and operations and maintenance for involvement in offshore renewables projects THE
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the primary responsibility of the role is to provide construction project management and project engineering services (across all disciplines) in support of the project's development, design, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning activities. Where required the role may also involve the supervision or coordination of works on site.
As a member of the construction team you will work with other members of the team to ensure clarity and efficiency in the following areas of responsibility:
• Managing and maintaining the delivery of the work tasks in accordance with the project's programme • Preparation of the appropriate technical parts of invitations to tender • Supporting contract negotiation teams to finalise scopes of work and technical specifications • Administering secured tenders through the design, manufacturing and construction phases • Management of the contract interfaces ensuring a seamless fit with all the other contracts • Administering technical queries during the detailed design and construction phases • Performing visits to manufacturing facilities and construction sites for quality inspections and factory acceptance tests • Confirming contractors' progress and assisting in their contractual and financial control • Coordinating the activities of the in-house electrical and mechanical design teams and any external design work or expert consultants • Review of contractor documentation, drawings, risk assessments and method statements • Assistance in Health, Safety and Quality requirements throughout all the project phases • Components logistics management and quality control support • Site engineering or acting as company representative as appropriate on a leave cover basis • The preparation and submission of reports, execution plans and project documentation
Essential Skills -
• Construction site and project management experience
• Good organisational, communication and team skills including report writing, presentations and the ability to communicate effectively with contractors and consultants
• The ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects, as well as The ability to work as a member of a team and to react positively to the varying challenges of construction projects
• The ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Desired Skills - • Knowledge of the wind industry and /or offshore sector
• Please note this position will require travel within the UK & EU, you must be eligible to work freely within the EU.
This position may require visits to offshore sites and working at height (training will be provided on these areas for your safety).
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
Patrick Wall +44 (0) 203 002 2877