This job is no longer available
Wind Engineer, Ireland, €60k - €70k + bonus
My client is a leading engineering and consultancy organisations. They invest in build, own, operate and maintain power stations globally. They offer a wide range of engineering, operations and maintenance solutions and strategic consultancy services to the global energy market. They are looking for a wind engineer based in Ireland.
You will be reporting to Senior Wind Engineer, you will be responsible for wind farm layout design & optimisation and wind monitoring programmes.
· Will be responsible for managing the wind farm layout design and optimization.
· Utilise wind farm software packages (WAsP, Windfarmer) for the calculation of P50, P75 & P90 figures.
· WTG selection for each wind farm site recommendation
· Third party energy yields reports needs to be reviewed
· Generate noise/ shadow flicker/ telecommunication impact reports.
· Generate wind monitoring programmes/ met masts/ wind data collection.
· Validating wind resource and other meterorological data.
· Risk analysing of uncertainty connection with wind farm energy yield predictions.
· Determine appropriate turbine class requirements for wind farm sites
· Must be educated to degree level in engineering/ physical science or hold a relevant qualification in a related discipline
· 6 years plus experience in pre construction wind energy assessments
· 2-3 years experience in operational based wind energy assessments
· Have experience in conducting site conditions studies
· Strong analytical &IT skills, and also strong technical report writing skills
· Must have experience of full responsibility for multi-million pound contacts with strong commercial and financial acumen.
· In depth understanding around the whole project lifecycle and work as a team member.
· Have a full, clean driving license
· Ability to work towards and meet strict deadlines
· Previous experience in bidding for major engineering projects
· Good interpersonal skills
· Flexible to travel on an ongoing basis
Key Skills: wind projects, project management experience, engineer
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to email@example.com, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above.