This job is no longer available
Onshore Wind Developer – Site Feasibility and Consenting
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50k plus benefits and bonus
Consultant: Dominic Wall
Ref: OWD - 910
The Green Recruitment Company is representing one of the largest offshore Wind developers in the UK. Having participated in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 of the UK’s Offshore developments, this company has an excellent track record of providing engineering, construction and operations services. The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to be part of some of the largest wind developments in the world and can enjoy extensive career progression.
As part of the UK Development Team, the role will involve a full range of environmental, technical and commercial activities that are required for the identification, development and consent of offshore wind farm projects, including all associated grid-related development onshore.
Reporting to the Offshore Senior Environmental Planner, the Onshore Developer will be required during all stages of the development process, including site/route selection and feasibility, scoping, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), consent applications and conditions discharging. The Onshore Developer will work with other parts of the project team to ensure clarity and efficiency to ensure projects are designed and consented responsibly and with minimum impact for the environment or stakeholders, on time and on budget.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the coordination and delivery of the onshore Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Undertake site and route identification, selection and feasibility studies.
- Scope, tender, commission and manage specific packages of the EIA work, which may include the management of specialist consultants and contractors.
- Input into the production of Planning Applications and Environmental Statements.
- Respond to queries on consents applications as required.
- Coordinate, participate and record consultation with statutory consultees, stakeholders, public and landowners.
- Participate in stakeholder and public consultations including public exhibitions, including production of exhibition materials.
- Provide technical and non-technical support to general business development activities as required.The role will require some travel within the UK and potentially Europe.
- A relevant Degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline, preferably Environmental Management, or Environmental Science.
- Expertise in environmental and planning legislation and regulations.
- Onshore environmental planning and consenting.
- Good all-round knowledge and project experience of EIA, Environmental Statement and planning application preparation, particularly for renewable or infrastructure related projects.
- Project management skills including a proven ability to manage projects with multiple stakeholders, using internal staff, subcontractors and consultants.
- A current UK driving licence is required.
· Previous involvement in onshore wind, linear developments and/or infrastructure projects would be advantageous. Previous experience of the offshore sector and/or knowledge of the wind industry, particularly in relation to offshore development
· A self-starter attitude with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills including report writing, presentation and the ability to speak confidently with clients, consultants, contractors and stakeholders.
- The ability to manage workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of projects simultaneously.
· Commercial and pragmatic ethos.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken as well we sound numerical ability, IT and written English skills.
- Good understanding of onshore environmental issues.
- Membership of IEMA or IEEM or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 2030022877