This job is no longer available
Wind Energy Expert (m/f)
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed?
Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures?
Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy.
We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. The Stellenbosch University in Stellenbosch is looking for a Wind Energy Expert (m/f). We are looking for you: The Centre for Renewable and Sustainable Energy Studies (CRSES) at Stellenbosch University is the National Hub for the Postgraduate Programme in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Studies and one of the leading academic institutes for basic and applied research in renewable energy in South Africa.
CRSES cooperates with a number of tertiary institutions in South Africa including the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) in Bellville, Cape Town. CRSES is funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Eskom and SASOL. The Centre has established relationships with the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Studies.
CRSES is one of the main drivers in the establishment of the planned South African Renewable Energy Training Centre (SARETC) which will be located at the CPUT and aims to provide the necessary local technical skills in the renewable energy sector with a focus on wind and solar energy professionals.
Your tasks will involve:
• Develop and organise training courses for various (academic) professions in the wind energy sector at the South African Renewable Energy Training Centre
• Present technical wind energy courses in the under- and postgraduate training programmes at Stellenbosch University and CPUT
• Design and implement applied wind energy research projects at CPUT and Stellenbosch University
• Establish cooperation activities with international wind energy research and training institutions
• University degree in mechanical, electrical or mechatronic engineering with a focus on wind energy; a PhD will be an additional recommendation
• Experience in teaching technical renewable energy courses
• Experience in training and further education activities
• Good network of experts, research and training institutions
• Working experiences in the Southern African region will be an additional recommendation
• Very good command of English One person can make a difference
Interested? Then please contact: Thomas Piecha, Tel.: +49 69 719121 84 or apply online.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.