This job is no longer available
The Wind Turbine Installation Manager role will be working as part of the joint venture Wind Turbine Package team with close liaison with the Construction Management team and Installation and Logistics Package. This role will participate in a range of activities working towards the procurement and installation of the project’s wind turbines. Successful candidates should have 5 years+ experience in offshore installation and logistics, including some experience of installing offshore wind turbines.
• Assess the supplier’s installation and logistics proposals against the specified requirements;
• Review and contribute to the drafting of the project Employer’s Requirements for the turbine delivery;
• Work with the Installation and Logistic package and Construction Management team to define an optimum construction strategy taking into account the wider project deliver programme;
• Support the negotiations process regarding any installation and logistics matter ensuring ‘best value’ for the project;
• Deliver a detailed division of responsibilities matrix for the package on the basis of the existing high-level interface matrix;
• Define a detailed risk register for the package relating to the installation and logistics; and
• Engage with the Installation and Logistics Package team to provide turbine specific input regarding ports and associated requirements.
Qualifications / skills
Candidates for this position should to have significant technical and commercial experience in developing and delivering successful installation and logistics strategies for offshore wind turbines.
General requirements include:
• Team player with installation and logistics experience, possessing the ability to support and influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships within a joint venture environment.
• General engineering, technical or commercial qualification, graduate level or equivalent.
• Support all commercial aspects in tendering and contracting phase.
• Excellent communication skills being applied within the commercial team.
• Prior exposure to the drafting and negotiation of conditions of contract strongly preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
• Academic degree (Bachelor or Master): in engineering based subject such as: Mechanical or the equivalent
• IT literate with a good ability to operate MS Office systems and other
• IT based project management software
London, the position will require travel to various site locations both in UK and internationally