This job is no longer available
The Carbon Trust is a world-leading organization with a mission to accelerate the move to a low carbon economy
We are now seeking a Technology Acceleration Manager, with strong technical knowledge related to offshore renewables and to commercialising innovations, to help deliver and grow Carbon Trust’s activities in offshore renewables, with the aim of driving down the cost of offshore renewable energy. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading technology and strategy projects related to offshore renewables, planning activities, procuring and managing consultants, and delivering on time and to budget
- Designing new initiatives (commercial models, demonstration projects, etc.) to amplify the impact of Carbon Trust offshore renewable projects
- Providing technical insight into factors that influence the cost of offshore renewables, e.g.
- Marine operations – for installation, O&M
- Civil engineering – for foundation design and serial fabrication
- Naval architecture –for assessing vessel performance
- Electrical systems – for reducing losses and optimising design
- Providing strategic direction for the Carbon Trust to improve the delivery and increase the impact of offshore renewables projects
- Coordinating closely with Carbon Trust experts, industrial partners and Government stakeholders to ensure the projects are implemented
You will be degree educated in a science or engineering discipline and have significant experience in commercial, engineering or project management. This will have been gained at an engineering, manufacturing or technology related business, or a high-end engineering consultancy. Experience in technical disciplines influencing cost of offshore renewables is also highly desirable.
A full job description is available at www.carbontrust.com/jobs
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to: Human.Resources@carbontrust.co.uk
Closing date for all applications: 31 October 2012