This job is no longer available
A great opportunity to join a well-established company in the South African renewables industry, to lead the development of it’s Operation & Maintenance service offering, and to project manage wind measurement projects.
This role involves establishing and managing project teams to deliver projects and services, optimizing the commercial outcomes and ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with company procedures and policies and all statutory legislation. The successful candidate must establish reporting procedures in accordance with company objectives and client requirements and manage client/consultant interfaces. You will be expected to assist in the business development of the company, ensure the continuing training and development of staff under your jurisdiction and to coordinate and liaise best practice with other managers to maximise added value. On site management, training and reviews will be a core part of the role, especially as the service line grows in its early stages.
- Support business development in winning O&M contracts from Turbine OEMs
- Recruit and train on-site service and commissioning teams
- On-site and remote management of service teams, including performance appraisals and reviews
- Establish O&M Std Operating Procedures, Processes and Reports
- Health & Safety implementation, complying with Company and Legal requirements
- Compilation and monitoring of project programmes
- Managing project delivery to schedule and budget
- Support O&M contracting, and manage to contract terms & conditions
- Identification and appraisal of sub-contractors
- For wind measurement project management
- Manage the Work Schedule and job planning, matching resources to job requirements
- Ownership of mast, instrument, plant and ancillary ordering and delivery processes
- Responsibility for ensuring all reporting and certification requirements are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Site audits and reviews
- Assistance in Tender preparation
- Direct experience in setting up and managing O&M service teams
- High competency in leadership, planning and project management
- Appetite and resilience to start a new service line in a young, growing industry
- Thorough knowledge of safety legislation, policies and standards
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Persuasive, presentable, confident with a proactive approach
- Excellent organizational skills, communication & interpersonal skills and commercial acumen
- The ability to build a pragmatic organization, matching investment to industry growth
- Previous experience in steelwork construction particularly the erection of lattice and tubular structures
- Conversant with erection methodology for self supporting and guyed masts.
- Fully committed to promoting Health and Safety at all levels, at all times.
- Excellent PC skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project