This job is no longer available
Our client operates globally in renewable energy development, construction, operation and advisory services. The main task of the Director/Head of Advisory is to lead audits and advise clients on their technical and commercial advisory. This person will be head of a team and will be tasked with growing the business in this area.
- Provide high-level advice on a range of services offered to the customer
- Implement and uphold the quality of services delivered to the customer
- Coordinate and manage teams and resources internally in the best interests of the company and its customers
- Responsible for management of the advisory team, showing strong leadership and exerting influence
- Responsible for scheduling and operational budgets
- Promote and implement the regulations and procedures of the organisation in areas such as health and safety, maintaining high standards at all times
- Be proactive in identifying business opportunities and bringing on new clients to increase activity in the advisory sector
- Establish and/or adjust the audit tools and advice according to the requirements and needs of customers
- Lead and participate diligently in all aspects of audit and technical consulting
- Provide financial, administrative and economic advisory to lenders and investors within the industry
- Monitor the comprehensive and systematic review of all available data according to the agreed program
- Lead and participate in technical and economic negotiations on behalf of clients
- Lead and/or participate in site inspections
- Undertake market analysis and stay abreast of developments and opportunities within the wind and solar markets in France, also in neighbouring markets
- Lead and participate in the production of reports in a timely and diligent manner
- Ensure that all working documents are captured, stored and processed appropriately and in accordance with all systems and procedures
- Organize, lead and participate in workshops and training
- Being the chief point of contact in all technical, commercial, financial and legal areas for customers
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and general business strategy moving forward
- Promote the brand and promote commercial development at all times.
- Assist personnel, colleagues and customers at all times in a proactive fashion.
- Degree qualified in a general engineering discipline, along with preferably a Masters/MBA in finance or economics.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working directly in the wind advisory sector in France, UK or Germany
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of financial modelling and dealing with lenders/investors within the sector
- Technically sound with a background in engineering, having worked in areas such as data analysis, wind measurement and feasibility studies.
- A strong understanding of the due diligence process
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and customers
- Strong commercial acumen with an ability to generate and convert business opportunities.
- Strong contacts and network base within the industry and very much ‘on the pulse’ when it comes to developments within the sector
- A track record of building and maintaining strong business relationships.
- Long-term ambitions to build a successful advisory team and contribute to the long-term growth of the company
- Proficiency in both French and English essential; German is also desirable