This job is no longer available
Our client a leading offshore wind developer requires an Electrical Protection Manager in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Working as part of the electrical engineering group the tasks are integrated relay protection and station control of onshore and offshore installations with voltage levels from 0.4 - to 400kV. The incumbent will also work with process data analysis, power system disturbance and fault analysis
- · Implement the design protection systems
- · Perform calculations within the relay technical area
- · Establish technical requirements in tender documents for the protection systems
- · Developing technical requirements for testing and testing of protection systems
- · Participate (or represent the client) in factory testing, final testing and commissioning of protection systems
- · Prepare technical reports and failure investigations
Qualifications and experience
- · Master of Electrical Engineer or similar.
- · Have a professional strength, based on relevant work experience.
- · Have broad knowledge about the structure, functionality and instrumentation of high voltage installations.
- · Have great interest and preferably experience of working with integrated relay protection and substation control.
- · Have worked with the design and calculations of various protection systems.
- · Are familiar with relay configuration and communication tools from various suppliers.
- · Have worked with the implementation of IEC-61850 communication protocol.
- · Are familiar with computer-based test equipment and have experiences with testing and commissioning of numerical relay
The position will offer a competitive salary, company contributed pension, bonus and holidays.
For further information, please contact Jim Walker on 0141 202 0760 or firstname.lastname@example.org