This job is no longer available
Our client is one of the largest utility companies within the renewable energy sector. As a result of continued growth they require a Supply Chain Contracting Manager to be responsible for leading on the development, negotiation and implementation of contracts on all major supply chain packages within for an Offshore Wind Project.
- Supporting the Head of Supply Chain Contracting with the development and implementation of contracting strategies for the offshore supply chain.
- Responsible for implementing agreed contracting strategies and negotiating contractual arrangements with potential suppliers.
- Regular interaction with project departments to ensure turbines, ports, vessels, foundations and electrical equipment are contracted as required by the projects.
- Leading the preparation, tendering and negotiation of key commercial aspects of major infrastructure contracts, including wind turbine generator contracts, supply and maintenance contracts, and associated contracts.
- Making decisions during negotiations of major contracts in order to conclude contracts with an appropriate balance of risk for the Offshore Business.
- An ability to evaluate, develop and determine solutions to complex commercial risk issues in order to mitigate the threat to the commercial stability of the business
- Providing balanced commercial advice within the timescales needed for the business to make decisions that ensure projects are delivered in line with the overall project programme.
- Degree or professional qualification with a Legal/Commercial background
- Experience of managing multiple contracts at the same time on major infrastructure projects.
- Thorough understanding of the complex commercial requirements related to supply of products/materials and services to offshore wind projects.
- Knowledge and experience of large scale engineering contracts, such as FIDIC and LOGIC
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
- Ability to lead negotiations in a decisive, commercial manner with strong commercial contract and negotiation experience.
- Ability to explain complex and detailed commercial issues with proven experience of negotiating and delivering large capital projects and major contracting advice.
- Regular travel across the UK and Europe