This job is no longer available
My client is a leading multi national on-shore wind developer. who are seeking to add a talented Senior Project Development Manager to their on-shore wind farm development team. With a global reach across three continents this company has a proven track record that will help you develop and growth your career
The right candidate will be a key part of the company's Development Team in the UK, making a huge contribution to the company's overall development strategy and being accountable for the delivery of specific renewable energy projects in the UK.
- Prioritise development activities for each project;
- Produce a development strategy for each project;
- Liaison with relevant planning departments for designated projects;
- Preparation of planning applications for designated projects;
- Managing external consultants and liaison with internal specialist teams;
- Arrange and attend local public consultations;
- Specialist input into parts of the environmental assessment reports prepared for each project;
- Liaison with statutory consultees and relevant licensing authorities;
- Assist the Prospectors with site selection and identification;
- Assist the Prospectors with liaison with landowners and lawyers over legal issues;
- Budgeting and budget-tracking;
- Participation in the development of the Company's Integrated Management System; and assist the business leadership with ancillary matters, such as the acquisition or disposal of projects.
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to carry out a variety of tasks which are consistent with those listed above.
a) Resource management experience.
b) Applied knowledge of EIA process, practice and theory.
c) Experience of producing, agreeing and managing programme and project budgets.
d) Applied knowledge of progressing major applications through the Planning System, together with
an understanding of the UK Planning process, procedures and legal framework.
e) Proven awareness of renewable energy policy and the complexities of developing sites for wind energy.
f) An aptitude for problem solving and experience of driving complex projects forward to achieve set objectives.
g) Demonstrable project management skills, with a proven ability to manage and meet competing deadlines and prioritise tasks.
h) Possess well-developed communication skills, especially report writing and the analysis and presentation of complex technical issues in a clear, concise format.
I) Consultancy experience, for both private and public sector clients.
j) Business development experience including proposal writing, establishing and maintaining relationships.
k) Have 2 - 5 Years experience in the wind industry.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Salary is negotiable; pension contribution up to 6% of salary; private healthcare.
PLACE OF WORK
The post will be based full time in Oxford, corporate headquarters, but will require travel in the UK and occasional travel overseas.
In addition to public holidays the employee is entitled to twenty five (25) working days.