This job is no longer available
Mechanical Engineering Technical Author
Up to £27,000, plus benefits
RWE npower renewables is a subsidiary of RWE Innogy, and is one of the UK’s leading renewable energy companies, dedicated to generating electricity using sustainable, environmentally friendly resources. We have the resources and expertise to develop, build and operate high quality, commercial-scale renewable energy schemes throughout the UK.
An exciting role has arisen as a Mechanical Engineering Technical Author. This role will be to support the Engineering and Technology team in production and upkeep of technical reports and documentation, as well as development of report writing and document control systems.
The role will also support the Performance team in monthly validation and reporting of operational metered data to the wider business. Highlighting anomalies in the data to other team members.
Main Purpose of Job:
- This role will be validating data concerning the generation of RWE npower renewables wind farms with a total value of around £6m.
- They will also be involved in the production of end of WOM inspection reports allowing RWE npower renewables to claim for any turbine damage at end of warranty.
The role will also include:-
- Maintenance of EI database including report loading
- Task tracker upkeep
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical experience and qualifications to A level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy when data handling
- Understanding of general wind turbine operational principles would be beneficial.
- A familiarity with engineering principles and enthusiasm for the wider technological aspects of renewable energy would advantageous
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate with minimal guidance
- Good interpersonal and team skills are essential; in particular the ability to communicate, report and present effectively both orally and through modern IT communication systems.
If you are interested in the position, please click the "Apply now" button.