This job is no longer available
In the last 30 years, RES has developed and constructed 115 wind farms worldwide and provides nearly 10% of the UK's wind energy. In Scotland RES has developed and/or built nine wind farms, including two which opened in 2012, with two currently in construction and a sizeable portfolio at various stages of development.
As a wind farm developer, constructor and operator, maintaining strong and long-term relationships with our local communities lies at the heart of our company ethos. RES has a vacancy for a Community Relations Coordinator to join its growing Scotland Community Relations team.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to become part of a successful communications team which constantly looks to explore new and innovative ways to engage with, and benefit, local communities.
Working as part of RES' UK Community Relations team, you will play a key part in the development, construction and operation of our winds farms in Scotland. Reporting to the Regional Community Relations Manager, you will help us to engage with local residents, stakeholders, politicians and the media, deliver a wide range of consultation activities across our projects and manage the production of a range of communications materials.
The position is based in our Glasgow office, with the potential for travel throughout Scotland.
* Co-ordinating consultation programmes, including arranging and participating in public exhibitions;
* Organising community liaison group meetings and other consultation events and activities - including the production of materials and associated publicity;
* Project research and information gathering, including monitoring and evaluating consultation activities;
* Maintaining contact logs for projects, including emails, telephone calls, letters and meetings.
* Monitoring press coverage and responding to enquiries.
* Producing supporting communications materials, including newsletters, project-specific websites, exhibition materials, and other publicity;
* Engaging with local residents, stakeholder groups and elected representatives - including responding to written and telephone enquiries;
* Educated to degree level;
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to engage with people on all levels is an absolute must;
* Excellent organisational skills;
* Proactive, enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude;
* PC literate - with knowledge of Microsoft Office;
* Full UK driving licence;
* Experience of renewables or the energy sector would be useful but not essential for the right candidate.
This is a role with significant career development potential within a committed and friendly team.
Closing date is 4th December 2012