This job is no longer available
Wind Turbine Technology Manager
Salary: Marked based
Wind Turbine technology unit is part of the newly established Technology department in Offshore Wind. The Wind Turbine technology team will in addition to be proactive in identifying and qualifying improved products or new design in time for offshore wind projects, also support projects in development, construction and operation phase
The unit will be responsible for mechanical, communication and automation system, wind turbine HSE system, O&M technical solutions including material handling, blade and material technology. The unit will be responsible for the wind turbine electrical system from a total wind turbine system point of view. Wind turbine electrical system related tasks will be solved in cooperation with the Electrical system unit. Material corrosion, installation and integrated design will be handled together with the Structure and Marine Operation unit.
The unit will provide technical support to and work closely with Asset Management Offshore Wind and Power Generation in Statkraft.
The manager of the Wind Turbine Technology unit will active participates in the management group of Technology Offshore Wind.
- Develop and manage the team to secure competence to the projects
- Advice on technology to be used by projects
- Establish functional and technical requirements for offshore wind projects
- Contribute to establishment of quality assurance system with procedures and requirements for qualifying new technologies
- Ensure competence and if needed, take managing role in technology qualification projects
- Establish and manage collaboration with the supply industry, other developers and research institutions
- Advice and be proactive in development of new ideas and initiatives for cost reduction in offshore wind
- Ensure HSE requirements are met in improved products and new design
- Provide input to cost of energy model in evaluation of technologies
- Coordinate R&D activities related to electrical systems. Cooperate closely with the Competitive WP Program run by the Innovation unit
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant degrees at university level
- Sufficient experience from wind turbine business and with wind turbine technology in particular
- Experience (5+) from projects and/or technology development
- Leadership skills
- Proactive and ability to initiate and implement activities in teams and projects
- Flexible, structured and team oriented mindset
- Good communication skills in English both oral and written
- Experience from project and/or technology development with preferable project management competence and experience
- Wide internal network and external contacts in relevant industry
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please submit your CV and application within 31st of December 2012
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.