This job is no longer available
Wind Farm Civil Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to 40,000
Location: Hertfordshire, Watford
Consultant: Nick Gillison
Green Recruitment Company has a challenging and exciting role for a driven Civil Design Engineer with up to 10 years’ experience. This would see the candidate join the ranks of one of the world’s leading renewable energy developers who are currently undergoing expansion globally. Our client has years of experience in the development of large scale wind farms and have become a leading name in the industry with a growing portfolio on successful projects.
- The Civil Design Engineer role is concerned with the core design of wind turbines and connected site infrastructures of wind farms throughout Europe. The Civil Design Engineer will also be giving accurate and well informed reviews in other markets the company are currently active in.
- Responsibilities of the role:
- Review and provide advice on civil engineering requirements through the development and construction phases of projects.
- Implementing the design of wind farm structures and associated infrastructure. These consist of access tracks, crane hard-standings and wind turbine foundation systems at preliminary and construction stages of project management.
- Supporting construction activities for projects as required.
- Provide specialist technical advice to all parts of the company, including international markets.
- Manage the design of specialist civil engineering design elements including earthworks, highway upgrades, water and utilities crossings, drainage and buildings.
Experience and skills:
- Degree in Civil engineering
- A proven track record in civil engineering design and design management, with a practical approach to civil engineering practice.
- Working towards or already achieved chartered status
- An excellent understanding of the range of available engineering techniques
- Relevant experience in civil engineering design and construction, although no specific experience of windfarm engineering is required.
- A working knowledge of foundation, earthworks and infrastructure designs would be a distinct advantage.
- A wide range of Civil Design experience (Not pure commercial buildings experience or other niches)
- The candidates must have actual design experience (this doesn’t mean construction or design management)
- This role is an office based role with some visits to site so candidates must have worked in a head office functioning role (as opposed to purely site based)
- Candidates must have experience of working to UK standards, codes of practice, current technologies.
- The ability to work as part of a team and able to communicate with staff at all levels of business.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0)20 79021191