This job is no longer available
Our client is one of the leading providers of environmental services to the Global renewables industry. As a result of continued growth and the recent award of a number of high profile contracts there is an immediate requirement for an experienced Senior Environmental Consultant to work on a number of renewable energy projects both in the UK and globally.
- Liaison and communication with clients
- Ensure planning and EIA project work conforms to regulatory guidance and appropriate survey and assessment methodologies.
- Undertake all aspects of EIA for projects, including Screening, Scoping, writing up in-house EIA sections, formulation and production of Environmental Statements, review external assessments to ensure conformation to EIA regulatory guidance and appropriate survey and assessment methodologies.
- Formulate approaches, undertake and manage external consultations where appropriate with statutory and non-statutory bodies, including representing the company at strategic level talks and project based specific consultations.
- Manage sub-contractors and consultants.
- Practical knowledge of constraints to renewable energy development and ability to assess site potential.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the offshore renewables sector.
- Candidates will ideally be degree educated in relevant background (planning, ecology, environmental), with a MSc preferred
- Knowledge of the UK of renewables sector would be beneficial
- Experience of EIA and the UK consenting framework for renewables
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of key stakeholders (SNH, SEPA, NE, MFA, MCA, JNCC etc
To be considered for this role please send an up to date CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)141 202 0760 for an informal discussion.