This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 plus benefits.
Location: London, South East
Consultant: Dominic Wall
The Green Recruitment Company is representing one of the most prestigious developers of clean energy projects across England, Scotland and Wales. The client requires a planning consultant to enable the development of wind energy sites ranging from single turbine projects onto larger onshore farms.
This client is looking to take on preferably a chartered planner to assist with planning applications for onshore energy projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and co-ordinating internal and external consultancy resource including planning documentation, Environmental Impact Assessment studies, engineering design, technical analysis, grid studies, commercial support and other stakeholders challenges. An element of project management will be required whether dealing with multiple sites simultaneously.
· Degree educated in a relevant discipline of Town Planning, Urban Generation or Environmental Sciences/Engineering.
· Multiple years working in a professional planning environment
· Experience completing development EIA appraisals
· Experience of submitting and monitoring planning applications; experience specifically of wind projects is highly desirable
· Able to negotiate with local authorities and other statutory bodies
· Able to appoint and manage subcontracted specialist consultants e.g. ecologists, archaeologists.
· Excellent written communication skills.
· Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to confidently give presentations on all aspects of project development.
· Energy, enthusiasm and initiative are essential for this role – the company are seeking a diplomatic team-player who can take ownership of their work and fit in to this dynamic and rapidly expanding company.
· Preferably MRPTI.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0)20 79021191