This job is no longer available
Scira Offshore Energy Ltd is a joint venture between a major European Utility company, Statkraft, and a highly respected offshore Oil & Gas operator, Statoil AS, both of whom have an exceptional track record within the power generation and offshore wind sectors internationally. Scira has been set up as a special purpose vehicle for the operation of a 317 MW Round 2 offshore wind farm, the Sheringham Shoal, located in the Greater Wash off the coast of Norfolk.
The Power Plant Manager shall continue to establish and head the Scira organisation, reporting to the Board of Directors. The main objectives will be to set HSE first by striving for zero harm to personnel, the environment and Scira’s assets, maximise long term value creation as well as to build and manage a cost conscious culture.
- Be responsible for the organization and results of Scira in accordance with the instructions, guidelines and within the mandate given by the Board.
- Ensure that Scira's operation and financial statements comply with the applicable laws and regulations as well as high ethical standards.
- Ensure that the Board is kept informed of Scira's operations, results and future outlook.
- Prepare all Board meetings in cooperation with the Chairman of the Board.
- Establish and propose Business Plans and budget for Board approval.
- Perform KPI follow-up and report progress to the Board.
- Be responsible for the staffing of Scira and setting salary of the employees within the frame set by the Board of Directors.
- Develop and lead a performance culture.
- Lead and motivate the Scira management team.
- Implement and maintain a quality management system.
- Represent and promote Scira in public and to key stakeholders.
- Master-/University degree within engineering or similar
- Proven track record from at least 10 years successful occupational experience at a senior managerial level, preferably from the offshore wind sector;
- Experienced multi-team manager with good people skills;
- Experienced manager of multi million pound budgets;
- Experience of joint venture working environment is beneficial;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
Location: Wells-Next-the-Sea, UK
To apply, please e-mail your CV and brief covering note by clicking the "Apply Now" button in strict confidence or alternatively contact Michael Lynch, Divisional Manager (Renewable Energy) at Eden Scott on (+ 44) 0131 550 1132 (direct line).
Please note that all applications received, whether direct, indirect or via third party recruitment organisations shall be forwarded to Eden Scott as the retained Executive Search partner.