This job is no longer available
Head of Offshore Construction – Wind
To build an offshore wind farm in some of the deepest waters ever attempted!
You’ll have responsibility for leading and managing all aspects of the offshore construction works for the organisations offshore wind farm projects.
You’ll be joining at the very start of the project so will be involved in both the development and the contracting phase and it is likely that at the time of completion this will be the largest (and definitely the deepest) offshore wind farm ever constructed.
The role will be based out of Edinburgh.Scotland.
- Managing and supervising the construction process from start to finish
- Producing and maintaining the project construction plan.
- Responsibility for preparing, elaborating and providing all the specifications and technical documentation to the Technical and Commercial Managers.
- Evaluating suppliers, with the intention of guaranteeing the correct application, bidding, construction and operation and ensuring that the determining factors established by the Permitting and Environmental and other departments are met.
- Providing technical support and liaising with other areas of the technical and other departments and support to business initiatives and M&A departments, managing technical due diligence process as required
- Promote and work within the Project Management, Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Procedures and actively manage the safety and personnel welfare throughout the term of the project
- Actively engage with the supply chain and give technical support to procurement department, both in the development and contracting process.
- Manage the technical team involved in the project, fixing targets, measuring procedures and evaluates the goals achieved
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the offshore wind industry and a proven track record in construction management of offshore wind large-scale projects
- Excellent construction management 9inclkusing large contractors) and communication skills
- The ability to interact and manage suppliers
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable experience to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure and deliver high quality and optimised results
- Strong leadership skills with initiative
- Strong engineering and technical knowledge on offshore wind farm construction projects
- Degree in Engineering (M.S.c)
- You’ll need to be fluent in English but the ability to read and write in Spanish will be a plus
- Experience of a supply chain environment will also be considered a plus (i.e. customer / buyer)
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Membership of a professional body
This represents a brilliant opportunity to head up the Construction from the development phase through to completion of one of the major offshore engineering projects of this decade.