This job is no longer available
Wind Farm Electrical Engineering Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
Job for an Electrical Engineering Manager to join the ranks of one of the world’s leading renewable energy consultancies who are currently expanding. Our client has years of experience in assisting businesses to make the right decisions, regarding investment and strategy.
This ideal candidate would have good working knowledge on electrical and mechanical systems, with an avid interest in renewable energy.
Responsibilities of the Role (but not limited to):
- Support renewable project development, providing engineering input from feasibility and design through to implementation and commissioning.
- Attend site meetings and surveys.
- Assess the quality of design and site work on behalf of clients against specification.
- Responsible for overseeing the Electrical Engineering teams work, keeping an eye on quality to maintain high standards and keep within deadlines.
- Communicating with customers understanding their needs and delivering technical documents (specifications, calculations, reports, drawings in a concise and accurate way)
- Conduct the training, coaching and line management of a specialist team.
- Liaise with engineering/non-engineering team leaders.
- Negotiate and winning new Electrical specific work as well as business development activities.
- Encourage a continuous learning working environment within the engineering team.
- Report to directors’ project and team progress.
Experience and skills:
- Degree in an electrical engineer discipline or similar.
- Chartered electrical engineer.
- Significant experience and track record in leading electrical engineering teams.
- Confident communicator.
- Solid renewable energy industry experience.
- First rate written English, with aptitude to report on technical issues concisely.
- High attention to detail, reliable and good organisational skills.
- Interest in renewable energy/sustainability.
- International project experience.
- Knowledge of power systems analysis packages.
- Working knowledge of Project Management processes and CDM.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0)20 79021191