This job is no longer available
Offshore Wind Development Manager
RenewableUK is the leading trade organisation for wind and marine energy technologies, representing its members since 1978.
Our primary purpose is to promote the use of wind, wave and tidal power in and around the UK. We act as a central point for information for our membership and as a lobbying group to promote wind energy and marine renewables to government, industry, the media and the public.
With input from our member working groups, we research and find solutions to current issues of relevance to our sector and generally act as the forum for the UK wind, wave and tidal industry.
Working within the Offshore Renewables team, you will be supporting the deployment of offshore wind energy in the UK by developing industry positions on a range of planning, environmental, grid and innovation issues, to enable a streamlined and conducive policy environment.
1. Building industry consensus around relevant planning legislation as it evolves to ensure that offshore wind farm consenting regimes are fit for purpose
2. Working with members and stakeholders to take forward industry’s engagement over environmental and co-existence issues, through working groups, consultations and regular contacts.
3. Ensuring that industry’s needs are fully accounted for by regulators in the field of offshore grid transmission.
4. Maintaining high visibility of offshore deployment statistics and sector policy landscape through regular reports and materials.
5. Adding value to offshore deployment by leading on cost reduction and relevant innovation initiatives, to help unlock the full potential of offshore wind power.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please review the job description and then email us with your CV along with a covering letter setting out how you meet the requirements for the position, along with your present remuneration/expected remuneration to the email address below on the "apply now" button
Interviews are likely to be held on Wednesday 20 March 2013