This job is no longer available
- Produce the project transport and installation strategy for the civil assets. This shall include vessel types, not to exceed lift weights, transportation and logistical concept, construction port strategy etc.
- Document the requirements for the design and fabrication of the civil assets with respect to installation for inclusion in the invitation to tender.
- Document the requirements for the transportation, storage and installation of the civil assets for inclusion in the invitation to tender.
- Assessment of tenders for the design and fabrication (with respect to installation) and for the transport and installation (vessel capabilities, installation equipment, load out concept, sea fastening and other temporary works)
- Produce strategy for Marine Warrantee Surveyor and technical documentation for invitation to tender for Marine Warrantee services contract.
- Supporting the selection of contractors and negotiations for contract award of the above.
- Supporting the interface engineers to ensure that the interfaces to other packages are managed effectively.
- Liaison with the engineers responsible for the design process to ensure all interfaces between design and installation are effectively managed.
- Review of contractor method statements and risk assessments
- Site supervision of fabrication of vessels, installation equipment and temporary works
- Offshore supervision of transportation and installation activities
- Ensuring availability of necessary documentation for certification and marine warranty surveillance process
- Liaison and management of Marine Warrantee Surveyor activities.
Your Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical background, qualification Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Extensive offshore experience especially with pile installation, heavy lifts, marine operations, vessel operations, anchoring, and construction port set up.
- Good understanding of - Naval architecture, weight control, ballasting, sea fastening, grillage, load outs, heavy lifts, offshore logistics, weather down time analysis, risk analysis
- Offshore piling, drilling, levelling, grouting and welding
- jack up risk analysis, UXO and other seabed hazards
- Fluent English speaking and writing
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and standards applicable to offshore transportation & installation works
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Willingness to travel and to go offshore