This job is no longer available
Senior Asset Analyst
Natural Power is a leading independent renewable energy consultancy and products provider offering consultancy, management and due diligence services across the onshore wind, offshore wind, wave, tidal and biomass sectors. We have built a successful ethos for delivering environmentally rewarding projects that allow Clients to reach their economic objectives.
The Wind Analysis team deliver a wind range of technical services ranging from technical support to wind projects through the planning and development phase, on to the design and management of anemometry campaigns, complex flow analysis, finance grade energy yield analyses, site classification, technical Due Diligence and the provision of performance analysis and reporting services for operational sites. This is for both on- and off-shore wind farms predominantly in the UK, Ireland, France and Scandinavia.
Due to the ongoing success of our Technical Wind department, we are looking to recruit a Senior Asset Analyst into our office in Stirling or our Scottish headquarters, The Green House. Reporting into the Director of Technical, you will be responsible for the project management and project delivery of a wind range of technical services for on- and off-shore wind farms, primarily focusing on operational wind plant. Responsibilities will also include the undertaking of internal R&D projects for the development of tools and methods employed in the analysis of operational wind farms. Further to this, you will take a proactive role in facilitating the ongoing growth and expansion of the technical capability within Natural Power.
You will be part of the UK wind analysis team and will work closely with the global analysis teams located in France, Scandinavia, and USA. More specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Project Management: Take responsibility for the on-time, on-quality and on-budget delivery of projects assigned to you;
- Client Management & Business Development: Be responsible for delivering a professional service to clients, support and advise clients on the most appropriate course of action for the technical progression of their projects;
- Tools & Methods Development: Participate in and encourage the ongoing development of the quality management systems and actively engage with R&D projects and methodology development;
- Product Integration: Participate in the development and integration of Natural Power products (Wind Manager, WindCentre, WCReporter, Foresite, Melogale) to enhance and improve analysis services;
- Training & Mentoring: Take an active role in mentoring and developing the skills and knowledge of analyst within the UK team and provide support to other global analysts;
- Quality Assurance: Be responsible for the checking and authorisation of analysis work specifically for the UK analysis team, but also on occasion from the wider global team;
- Financial Accountability: You will be responsible for the financial control and reporting of projects assigned to your management;
Qualifications and Experience
You will be degree qualified in an engineering or scientific discipline, with a proven track record in Wind Asset Analysis and a solid understanding of the principles employed in assessing the performance and fault diagnosis of operational wind farms. You will have experience with a range of SCADA systems and turbine types, and have experience with ongoing monitoring and performance reporting for wind plant of various sizes. You will have experience of producing detailed due diligence reports. Practical experience in pre-construction resource assessment would be a distinct advantage.
You will have excellent communication skills, being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format. In addition to this, you will have first-rate interpersonal skills being capable of building relationships with clients, staff and third parties alike. You will be highly motivated and committed with excellent time management skills, being capable of managing and prioritising your own challenging and often conflicting workload. You will be analytical and meticulous by nature, with an ability to solve problems in an innovative manner. A driver’s license is essential.
Ideally the position is based at our Scottish headquarters, The Green House in rural Dumfries and Galloway. For a more accurate location, please use the following postcode DG7 3XS. The office is located on an 11,000 acre estate of beautiful Scottish forest and is ideal for those wishing to take advantage of the outdoor pursuits that the location provides. We are prepared to base the role from our offices in Stirling for the right person, however regular travel to The Green House will be expected.
Salary offered will depend on your experience and fit for role. A selection of benefits include; membership to our group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, Friday BBQ’s, bike to work scheme, life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection amongst others. Natural Power is a growing business and is committed to your personal development.
How to apply
Full details on the post are available on our website. Please apply online by uploading your CV and cover letter. Please include information such as; your notice period, availability to interview, current salary, salary sought and where you saw the vacancy advertised.
Closing date: Sunday 17th March, 2013