This job is no longer available
Wind Turbine Composites Designer/ Structural Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company is working with an organisation, well known internationally for providing innovative solutions within the wind industry. Their engineering team consists of highly skilled professionals from various backgrounds and are looking for the right applicant to play a pivotal role in achieving future aspirations.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Work within a multifunctional team of engineers to develop and manufacture projects, keeping high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to produce spread sheets for design and analysis purposes.
- Liaise with relevant contractors to ensure projects are kept to designs and are structurally sound.
- Analyse current projects, identifying areas requiring improvement.
- Offer advice on the procurement of materials and equipment.
- Willing to share knowledge amongst colleagues.
Experience and skills
- Ideally a degree in and engineering or science discipline.
- Ideally a background in composites within the wind blade, aerospace or similar sector.
- Understanding of structural theory, stress calculations, finite element modelling, composites processing and failure mechanisms.
- High familiarity with tools such as FEA, CAD modelling and laminate failure prediction.
- Experience leading design groups with different backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills with ability to use own initiative to complete activities.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0)20 79021191