This job is no longer available
Wind Turbine Aerodynamicist
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company is working with an internationally recognised organisation that provides innovative solutions within the wind industry. Their technology team consists of highly skilled professionals from various backgrounds and are looking for the right applicant to play a pivotal role in achieving future aspirations.
This role is best suited to an applicant with a high attention to detail and strong knowledge on aerodynamics applicable to the wind industry. An applicant with excellent time management skills as well as the ability to develop aerodynamic concepts would also thrive in this challenging, yet rewarding role.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Liaise with engineering manager, on ideas and progress reports.
- Play an integral role in the blade aerodynamic design phase.
- Apply knowledge to existing projects to ensure highest quality and accuracy.
- Willing to share past experiences with colleagues and contribute to organisations’ knowledge base.
Experience and skills
- Applicant would ideally hold a degree in an Engineering or science discipline.
- At least three years’ experience in wind turbine blade aerodynamics loads and controls.
- Strong knowledge of materials, structural design and composite manufacturing technologies.
- Good IT skills and highly numerate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in FOCUS/Flex 5/Bladed.
- Some CFD experience desirable.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0)20 79021191