This job is no longer available
Project Manager – Planning and Development
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35k plus bonus and car allowance
Location: Scotland - Edinburgh
Consultant: Dominic Wall
The Green Recruitment Company is recruiting an exciting job opportunity with a UK based wind energy developer and operator. They specialise in onshore projects and have an ever-expanding pipeline of projects in England and Scotland. As a result of increased workload, this client requires an experienced developer to guide projects through the site appraisal and planning process.
- Project management of the planning and development process
- Involvement in Options Agreements
- Engaging and managing outsourced resources, for example site EIA consultancies
- Maintaining all key relationships with third party stakeholders and organisations, particularly local authorities
- Manage external consultants through the environmental impact assessment phase. This will involve ecological and GIS review.
- Examine the relevant documentation associated with planning proposals.
- Partake in community engagement and consultation.
- Planning and consenting through public discussion.
- Liaise and negotiate with landowners, and working with the team on planning authorities, statutory bodies, stakeholder groups and the public.
Experience and skills:
- A relevant degree in environmental/planning/renewable energy studies.
- Ideally an MRTPI Chartered Planner not an essential pre-requisite.
- Wind development experience and project track record.
- The successful candidate will need to have experience of managing the front end cycle of developments and be comfortable with co-ordinating and attending sites when required.
- Have the ability to work both independently or as part of a team.
- Travel throughout UK from time to time.
- The position will suit a candidate that is currently working in the sector but is looking to progress with a growing company.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact:
+44 (0) 2030022877 / +44 (0) 207 9021191