This job is no longer available
Offshore Principal Cables Consultant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Flexible/ work from home
Consultant: Nick Gillison
This is a technical consultancy role in a market leading offshore engineering and environmental consultancy that has a well-established international profile.
As a Principal Consultant, you will be working on large offshore renewable energy (wind, wave, tidal) projects and high voltage power interconnector projects on an international basis.
- Efficient project delivery from bidding through to project completion.
- Good Client Relationship Management internationally.
- Personal and professional development.
- Ensuring delivery of value for clients.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Project management and technical delivery on offshore renewable energy and power/telecoms cable projects.
- Client engagement for project delivery.
- Work alongside the Head of Offshore Development & Cables in delivering business success.
- Responsible for gaining a full understanding of business processes, for example, project management, client relationship management and business development, presentations/sales pitches, and production of tenders/proposals.
- Ability to prioritise and deal with complex situations by prioritising appropriately and leading with team members.
- Consistency, attention to detail and pride in quality of work.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Passion for the business, the role and opportunity are vital, together with a willingness to take responsibility for personal learning and development of the team.
- The role will consist of a mixture of office duties and client facing activities, often involving travel.
Experience and skills:
- 10+ years experience in the offshore sector in engineering roles (5+ years experience in offshore cables).
- Project Management activities within a complex engineering / infrastructure project.
- Exposure to HSE/CDM for offshore projects.
- Taken a leading role in either bidding or negotiating for work in major engineering projects
- Technical understanding of offshore installation processes.
- Offshore Wind or HV Power Interconnector experience. · Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Cable engineering or geophysical/geotechnical experience
- Recognised Project Management Qualification (e.g., APM, PMI, PRINCE2)
- Language skills
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 207 902 1191