This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 basic + benefits & bonus
Location: Hertfordshire, London
Consultant: Dominic Wall
The Green Recruitment Company is representing a leading renewable energy engineering and development firm with a track record of successful project delivery.
Our client is known for high quality services delivered by skilled and dedicated staff across the full range of disciplines. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly experienced team working on innovative renewable projects.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead a team of cables specialists in delivering successful submarine and land cable engineering, procurement and installation projects to our clients. This role includes line management responsibility for the team with a significant emphasis on the creation of business development opportunities for that team. Leadership, organisational, motivational and technical skills are essential, as well as a considerable knowledge of the sector and how it works.
Other duties include:
· Carrying out tendering and procurement activities
· Design engineering, contract and project management
· Installation, testing and commissioning of submarine and land cable systems, whilst working closely with the geophysicist team.
The responsibilities of the role:
· Line management of the team personnel in order to understand core competencies and to ensure personal development targets are set and delivered, whilst ensuring the management of their workload and their welfare in accordance with all policies and procedures
· Identify business development opportunities, secure cables-related works, and manage any further expansion of the team needed to deliver the opportunities
· Manage, and be personally responsible for, the delivery output from the team ensuring it is to a consistently high quality and is on time and to budget
· Provide direction, guidance and assurance to the team when preparing ITTs, proposals, specifications, scopes of work and reports to ensure they are of consistently high standard
· The recruitment of those to maintain the high quality of service delivery to meet the business targets as required
· Actively support the departmental business development objectives and drive the team to meet the objectives
· Seek and manage expert external consultants as and when required by workload
· Assess contractors' ITT responses and the preparation, submission and presentation of internal reports in order to justify any recommendations made
Experience and skills:
· A high degree of knowledge of submarine and land cable systems design, procurement and installation whilst being well connected and informed of the current state of the industry
· Experience in the management of construction contracts and the preparation of scopes of work and specifications
· A proven track record in business development and delivery experience of submarine and land cable systems
· Experience of managing a technical team in a dynamic environment
· An ability to foster and maintain a culture where safety and quality are core to project delivery
· Knowledge of relevant HSE legislation in the UK and its implementation in construction-based projects
· Excellent project management skills and the ability to disseminate those into the team
· An ability to manage your own and the team's workload and to meet demanding timescales across a number of potentially simultaneous projects
· Excellent written, presentational and customer-facing skills
· A clearly defined sense of personal organisation and an understanding of how this assists team delivery
· Experience of project management tools such as programming, budgeting and risk management
· A high degree of commercial astuteness
· A willingness to travel within the UK, Europe and Worldwide as necessary in able to deliver the goals of the team
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44(0) 203 002 2877 / +44(0) 207 902 1191